Police wives’ plaza gutted by fire in Nasarawa

Spread the love

The Police Officers Wives Association (POWA) Plaza on Jos Road, Lafia, Nasarawa State, was on Tuesday gutted by fire.

DAILY POST gathered that at least four shops and valuables worth millions of naira were destroyed.

The fire, which lasted several hours before fire service operatives arrived and put if off, according to a source, was caused by an electric spark in one of the shops around 1a.m.

Mrs Hannatu George, the Nasarawa State Director of the Fire Service, confirmed that the fire incident was caused by an electrical fault.

She, however, said that the Fire Service men arrived on time and arrested the situation, refuting the allegation that they arrived the scene late.

George advised residents of the State to be proactive in putting off all their electrical appliances before going out to avoid fire outbreak.

Related Posts
Photos: Obedient one million movement in Onitsha Anambra
Onitsha-Rally

It is no longer news on how Nigerians are showing how diligent they are towards Labour Party Presidential Candidate Peter Read more

Nigeria President must know how to fly jet – Malik

The presidential candidate of YPP, Malik Ado Ibrahim, has disclosed that Peter Obi's team approached him and urged him

Aisha Yesufu blames Peter Obi for apologizing over every complain
Obi-Datti

A few hours ago, a well known Nigerian human right activist, Aisha Yesufu while sharing on her official Twitter page has reacted to

Fayose reveals his reasons for making choice between Wike and Atiku
Fayose

Speaking on Friday, Fayose declared that opposite to what many believe, Wike is not out to break the PDP however Read more


Spread the love